Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Something I've learned buying homemade clothes off eBay

  1. #11
    HB Forum Owner rebecca191's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2005
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hogwarts Uniform? Oooh I would get that even though I don't buy much anymore, it sounds so cute!

  2. #12
    Inactive Member gingerharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The only thing I like about home made clothes is that sometimes they put snaps on the back of the dress instead of velcro.
    velcro gets caught in the doll's hair, and snaps stay better.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I have had nothing but good experiences when buying homemade clothes for decent prices.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Kitzka's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2004
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I LOVE Dollies dressmakers outfits. Everything I ahve seen her do is BEAUTIFUL. I can not wait until we get a historical doll so I can justify spending the money on one of her outfits. it's hard right now when DD doesn't have a historical. I may break down and get a doll of my own and dress her in one of Dollies dressmakers outfits. But then it may lead to something bigger [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Lara

  5. #15
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My big problem I've had with buying handmade clothes on ebay is the quality of the fit of the clothing and also the quality of the fabric. I have one dress I love even though the fabric is kind of cheap and thin (it's Felicity's replica work gown in my Felicity album). And I bought a Town Fair outfit replica from a website that I really dislike. It's too long, the skirt is too narrow to fit over Lissie's hoops, and the fabric is cheap. Even the sewing is just a bit off kilter. [img]frown.gif[/img] I was really disappointed and still now have my quest of finding a decent town fair replica since the original is way out of my price range. I may try to fashion one myself.

    I've found the only dresses that really match the standards I have are those from the Dollies Dressmaker. I've also seen dresses by Alisewn on ebay that looked very high quality, but never got to get one, and I haven't seen any for a while. I'm getting a new sewing machine soon and I think apart from the Dollies Dressmaker, who does some amazing detail work beyond my ability, I'll just stick to AG and sew other things myself. Then I have "quality control" on the fabric and embellishments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •